This Page

has been moved to new address

turquoise, meet honeysuckle...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
allora handmade blog: turquoise, meet honeysuckle...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

turquoise, meet honeysuckle...

do you know about pantone?
do you ever wonder how certain colors seem to be everywhere and influencing everything? fashion, home decor, even nail polish and makeup... 
did you feel like that about turquoise in 2010? (i still do! loooove turquoise)
well, if you know about pantone, it may not surprise you that in december of 2009, pantone officially named turquoise as the color of the year for 2010. and boy, were they right!
according to their website, pantone " has been the world’s color authority for almost 50 years, providing design professionals with products and services for the colorful exploration and expression of creativity. Always a source for color inspiration, Pantone also offers designer-inspired products and services for consumers. For over a decade, Pantone's Color of the Year declarations have influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries including fashion, home and industrial design "


now we know!

well, guess what? there's a new color in town.


image image image
i just love how these 2 colors co-exist so happily. don't you?
and while they do look so lovely together, be warned turquoise... hot stuff is movin in! honeysuckle is officially the color of 2011!

let's get to know miss honeysuckle a little better, shall we? she will be our best friend this year afterall!


and we can't forget her:

we call her fuchsia, but she and honeysuckle? twin sisters!


i think this color is perfect for 2011.
full of life.
full of hope.
full of confidence.
full of FUN.
full of courage.
isn't that how you feel 2011 should be?


welcome honeysuckle, i think i loooove you.

and in case you are curious, here is the spring 2011 pantone line-up:



ummm...yes, please!
while my spring colors aren't exactly the same, i am happy to see some familiar shades;)
which is your favorite?

images via pinterest. obsessed.
post signature

Labels: , ,

27 Comments:

At March 9, 2011 at 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that Honeysuckle! Ooooh, and peapod, and Regatta, and Coral Rose... These colors are fabulous!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Tara said...

Turquoise has always been my fave. After all, that's what I painted my diningroom! I do love the peapod and beeswax. I love your new colors!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Honeysuckle is such a pretty color! I also love the Silver Peony & Silver Cloud...but hey, I pretty much love color in general! :)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Jen said...

Oh that honeysuckle is so pretty!!! I think my favorite is the Regatta, it just screams spring and summer to me!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love that color!!! I must have it!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

Beautiful necklace Jess! I must say that while I do love the colors together, I dont want to go painting my home in honeysuckle. It might be OK as pops of color in accessories or in my girls' room but other than that...I'll just incorporate it into my wardrobe:)
XO,
Sarah

 
At March 9, 2011 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Megan said...

ooooh!! How beautiful!! I LOVE those two colors together!! I also love the Silver Peony color. How lovely and soft!!
xoxo

 
At March 9, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger {cuppakim} said...

oh dear - how do i choose? they are all so pretty. i think i just like all of them TOGETHER. mmmm, yummy!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Cora Anne Designs said...

SO PRETTY!! The Coral Rose might be my favorite! :)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

Wow. I think coral rose, peapod and beeswax may force me to cheat on turquoise (my fav. color since way before 2010)...

shh don't tell.

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Sandy a la Mode said...

i LOVE turquoise and honeysuckle together! such a BEAUTIFUL combo!! ahhh i need another one of your necklaces!!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Alyson @Vintage Sunshine said...

I LOVE Pantone!! I'm perfectly happy with Honeysuckle, it's gorgeous and pairs well with SO many other colors. That spring pallet is GORGEOUS and totally inspires me!!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

That is a great lineup! Turquoise & coral is one of my favorite color combos, but you really can't argue with any of those!!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

Ahhh, I love ALL of those spring colors! Those flowers in the first collage of photos are incredible! Do you know what kind they are? I love that soft peachy-pink!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Blogger yarger gal said...

love the color combo, makes me all that more excited about spring!! how about a rosie bouquet brooch/clip with silver cloud, silver peony and honeysuckle? yes, please!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

That combo is wickedly awesome! Love!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger blue corduroy said...

great post!! spring colors are my favorite!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger SweetSugarBelle said...

Beautiful eye candy! Wow. I ♥ color!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love turquoise too. But those spring colours all look gorgeous :)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 11:43 AM , Blogger LittleGreenThread said...

Beeswax & Silver Peony...BEAUTIFUL!!!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Aly Allen said...

This post is drop dead gorgeous. these photos are makIng me *drool*! you always choose the best photos :) loving the honeysuckle!

 
At March 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Sarah-Anne said...

color overload!! but...i l-o-v-e it. :D

 
At March 9, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Cathy said...

Oh, I love the peapod. Beautiful.

 
At March 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Tiffany Harper said...

Oh my gosh. ALL of those colors are screaming at me "Happy!!!" I die. I DIE! I love Honeysuckle, but Coral Rose and Peapod are calling my name. Lovely.

 
At March 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

I really love a Honeysuckle accent...but my heart flutters for Silver Cloud...or really any form of gray.

 
At March 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Miss Harriet. said...

I SO love this colour necklace!! But I love all your colours. I am desperate to buy one of your beautiful pieces but just can't decide on a colour...maybe I need one of each? ;)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Blogger M.M.E. said...

I had no idea Pantone decided such things but I certainly think they've made good choices these last few years. Honeysuckle will be a wonderful addition to 2011.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home