This Page

has been moved to new address

guest post {aPearantly Sew}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
allora handmade blog: guest post {aPearantly Sew}

Sunday, February 27, 2011

guest post {aPearantly Sew}

Hello again Allora Handmade readers! I’m Alison from the blog and shop aPearantly Sew.  Jess has so kindly invited me to guest post again.
I live in North Carolina, and all last week we had incredibly warm weather. I took my boys to the park every day and we ran and played and soaked up the warmth and sunshine. That taste of warm weather has me longing for spring. Here are a few items that make me think of spring, and inspire me to use vibrant, happy colors in my own designs.


I think the Golden Yellow Spring Lovebirds from Vintage Green Limited would be the perfect accessory for my home. Aren't they cute?! 

I have been eyeing this Fabric Knot necklace in Spring Poppy by Josiah’s Nest. I wear a lot of neutral colors, and I think this would add the perfect pop of color to an outfit.

Vintage Dress print by Pure & Noble. I would love to have the actual dress, but the print would do just fine!

I discovered The Paisley Mill when shopping for Christmas gifts and it instantly became one of my favorite shops. My current favorite item…the Sophie earrings.

Andrea, from Knitty Bitties, posted a link to Nest Pretty Things in a blog post recently. I was immediately smitten with the Madeleine necklace. I think the colors are absolutely perfect. PERFECT!

I recently had the privilege of meeting April of  Funky Vintage Kitchen in person, and I can tell you that she is just as adorable as her shop. My must have for spring? Blossom studs in light blue.

I have gotten to know Laura from Along for the Ride through blogging and Twitter. She has an adorable shop, and hers is the first place I started noticing the spring colors. I love this Peony hairpin in Lilac.

Sarah, of the shop Yes, Teacher, makes really fantastic cards. I have ordered several from her, and I love them so much I almost don’t want to get rid of them. But it would be silly to keep them, right? :) This Happy Birthday card using an Amy Butler print is my current favorite.

I hope these items inspire you as much as they inspire me! Thank you so much for having me. 

thanks Alison!!
post signature

Labels:

6 Comments:

At February 27, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Sandy a la Mode said...

this is definitely inspiring! i've pretty much procrastinated creating anything all weekend and it's finally sunday and i have all day free so i MUST start sewing and bow making!! :) great guest post with features of lovely ladies!

 
At February 27, 2011 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Sarah B. said...

I'm loving all your picks!! Thanks for including my card ;)

 
At February 27, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger April Kennedy said...

Oh my goodness that collage is so pretty!! You were so sweet to include me. ;)

 
At February 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Moriah said...

thanks so much for including me in the post! all of these lovelies remind me of spring, too!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Megan said...

I love all these beautiful colors and the fun accessories!! What fun!!
+ I heart Allison!! She is such a sweetheart!! :)
xoxo

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Katie P said...

The Madeline Necklace is to die for! Thanks to both of you for sharing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home