This Page

has been moved to new address

a new series: women of influence {featuring Rachel Reeves}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
allora handmade blog: a new series: women of influence {featuring Rachel Reeves}

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a new series: women of influence {featuring Rachel Reeves}

i am so excited to introduce you to a new series here on allora handmade! 
i've been thinking about this for months and am thrilled for you to meet some women who have influenced my life over the last year. i hope that this is a place that you can come to feel inspired, and i know that these women will fit the bill. their lives and their stories have made me a better person, and i hope you will feel the same way as they share the kind of women they hope to be. 


our first woman of influence is Rachel from number 17 cherry tree lane.

and she has a beautiful heart.



I had to take a step back and really think about what it means to be a
"Woman of Influence".
Those are loaded words, yes? Think about how many woman you have, in your life, that you can truly call a woman of Godly and positive influence.
I'm guessing the number is pretty small.
I had to question, "what is positive influence and where is its birthplace?"
When I dug down into the subject, I realized that, at the core of influence...there is a characteristic that is a requirement.
Authenticity.
It's imperative.
If we, as business owners, mothers, wives, church-goers, Christians, friends, sisters, daughters and bloggers desire influence...
We must be authentic.
We were built, shaped and made with pre-set gifts and talents and when we diverge from those, to try and fit into another mold, we are only fooling ourselves...because others can see it from a mile away. It's obvious. Phonies are spottable and certainly not influential {at least not in a positive way}....
Authenticity is difficult. It's hard to be "us" sometimes, isn't it? We see people that have greatness written all over them and we question. What about me? What am I good at? Am I enough? Will my actions result in anything at all, let alone anything of worth?
But I dare you.
Live as yourself. Be confident. Live with purpose and determination to be the best at what YOU are. If you make earrings, make them the best you can. If you sculpt statues, do so with intention and passion. Crafting, mothering, bicycling-whatever!
Be authentic to what it is you love. To what it is you ARE.
To who it is that the Lord beautifully made you to be.
And, without even trying...you will be influential.
It will come naturally.

isn't she amazing? thank you rachel!!




what does authenticity mean to you? what makes you 100% you? what do you have to offer that no one else does?

post signature

Labels:

16 Comments:

At March 8, 2011 at 6:30 AM , Blogger Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

I just "met" Rachel through blogging and she's been a sweetheart from the very beginning. This will be a wonderful series.
Blessings
XO,
Sarah

 
At March 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Sarah B. said...

Great feature and great words of inspiration!! And was it a coincidence that you debut this on International Women's Day?? :)

 
At March 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Erin Burns said...

yes. Rachel is awesome.
Love here words here!
There are SO many "series" out there.
This one really makes me smile!

 
At March 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM , Blogger yarger gal said...

love this and looking forward to the series...it's so important to inspire and encourage each other...thanks for sharing!

 
At March 8, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I really appreciate this post. I asked my husband this very question last night. I guess I am still trying to figure out what makes me, me.

 
At March 8, 2011 at 10:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this series idea!!

It is so important to me for me to be me {if that even makes sense}. People can tell right away when someone is being phony. I have finally gained enough strength and confidence to be myself at all times. I am no longer scared of someone making fun of me or nervous to be myself if it is different from the croud. I am so glad that I have finally found the strength through God to let my true colors shine through.

 
At March 8, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger grey rose (they/them) said...

wow. this is a beautiful series, can't wait for more!

i am only just discovering and accepting who i am! such a freedom! authenticity is important to me. for this reason, until just recently, i have been a rather gloomy girl, because i was gloomy inside. now, praise thr lord, i am being healed in my heart and seeing HIS purpose for my life. i love to encourage others, also it builds me up to lift others up. the only thing i can offer that no one else can, is myself. no one else can be me. so, i need to be myself, be thankful everyday, deny negativity, embrace trials and learn and shine through them to the glory of god.
thanks for making me pause to reflect today!
xo

 
At March 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Awesome series, Jess! Rachel is amazing! I love how real she is on her blog and can't wait to meet her in person! It's so easy to only blog "the pretty" - I'm working on being more real, more everyday, more me!

 
At March 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Piper said...

I really appreciate this (that Rachel said) "Live as yourself. Be confident. Live with purpose and determination to be the best at what YOU are."

Still learning to be who I am even through typing that feels a little funny. Will I ever reach that place where I've got it all figured out? Probably not. But when I'm ok with that, I've found someplace near authenticity.

 
At March 8, 2011 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Bonhomie said...

"intention and passion"....i love that.

it is always a disappoinment when someone i meet is less than authentic. but, at the same time, i'll admit that i'm not always true to myself, either. because of fear. fear of not fitting in, fear of sounding foolish, fear of insulting....God is working with me. sad that at 41 i'm still learning how to be all me, all the time. but joyous that the Lord can do such wonders as give me the inner strength and peace to "do me".

thanks for this series, jess. i'd just recently come across rachel's blog and what first impressed me is how 'real' she is.

 
At March 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM , Blogger blue corduroy said...

that's a great peice of meat to chew on. i'm speechless...for now.

 
At March 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Soiral said...

I was just wondering around and found this blog at twitter... and I really like it.
believe it or no, I'm always thinking about doing my BEST on wathever I do. I'll say enjoy it! =) thanks for your words... they got me in the right time.

 
At March 8, 2011 at 11:40 PM , Blogger Emily - faliLV said...

Oh I love this! Looking forward to all the other posts! Rachel sounds awesome! :)
AS for what I have to offer - just me. No one else can be me. :)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Sarah-Anne said...

i love this woman so much. she is such an inspiration to me, and i can' wait to read her posts each day. OMG, i love this girl!! :)

 
At March 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Heidi said...

Beautiful. I needed to hear exactly these words this week. THANK YOU!

 
At March 11, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Kim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home