This Page

has been moved to new address

that's what she said!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
allora handmade blog: that's what she said!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

that's what she said!



in preparation for the queen bee market, my sister and i have been thinking a lot about what it means for each of us to have creativity in our lives and why the creative community is so amazing. so, for this week's "that's what she said," i asked the following on twitter:

"how do you feel about being creative/ part of a creative community?"





 Heidi Ashe 

@ 
@ makes me feel ALIVE!

 Laura Will 

@ 
@ It makes me feel thankful to know so many other creative kindred spirits : ) There's SO much talent out there!

@ 
@ it makes me feel at peace and energized at the same time. Like I'm creating another piece of myself. 

@ 
@ It makes me feel like I have a voice worth hearing. Finally. :)

 Arianne Segerman 
@ 
@ it's like trying to describe what it feels like to find your tribe...no longer an island. found hearts and being understood.


 Sandy Chang 
@ 
@ i love this community! everyone is so helpful, supportive and sweet!! :)


 Courtney Toney 
@ 
@ blessed & supported.

 Crystal Stine 
@ 
@ being creative makes me feel warm & fuzzy :)

 Sarah B. 
@ 
@ It makes me feel connected, and inspired! And grateful to be part of such a supportive community!



 jacqui sharpe 
@ 
@ empowered. inspired. encouraged!


 Ruthanne 
@ 
@ like totally groovy man { or you could just go with "empowered" }


 SimplyCreatedbyCole 
@ 
@ Being creative & being part of the creative community makes me feel JOY & spurs me on to giving to others!


 
 Kamika 
@ 
@ in one word: sane

 Alissa Smith 
@ 
@ Fulfilled. Joyful. Content. Blessed.






 Rachel O'Funky 
@ 
@ Being part of a creative community humbles me -- and helps inspire me to be greater!


 mandy s 
@ 
@ i have made so many fun friendships from the crafting/creative community. I've learned so much!! I'm so grateful!! :)





 
 Tracy Rogers 
@ 
@ "makes my heart happy & beat FAST" 


 Jill Meulenberg 
@ 
@ inspired!


 Brandi 
@ 
@ energized, and never lonely! i found my people and they are crafty




 Hannah 
@ 
@ Like I'm connecting with people that get me and inspire me and motivate me to be better at my craft.

 Julie 
@ "how does being creative/part of a creative community make you feel?" : fulfilled

 Megan Reynolds 
@ 
@ It makes me feel like I'm with people that "get" me :)

 connie norsworthy 
@ 
@ independent, inspired, empowered, involved.

 Krystina Montemurro 
more creative, loved, and utterly amazed! RT @: "how does being creative/being part of a creative community make you feel?"

 Megan Charland 
@ 
@ inspired!


 Amanda Roberts 
@ 
@ fulfilled. empowered. happy.



 Heather Boydstun 
@ Creativity makes me feel joyful.


 Scene of the Grime 
@ 
@ Makes me feel like me!



 Allison Moll 
@ 
@ being creative makes me feel content!

 Kristi 
RT then sometimes its this! lol @: @ inspired, fulfilled, proud, honored

 lindsey cheney 
@ 
@ inspired, fulfilled, proud, honored






your answers make me so grateful to be part of such an amazingly supportive and POWERFUL community! this may be my favorite "that's what she said" ever! 


if you didn't get to play along, what about you? what does creativity and being part of a creative community mean to you?
post signature
all images found here


p.s. did you enter the amy peters studio giveaway?

5 Comments:

At February 10, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Chicky said...

I love what Arianne said - found hearts, no longer an island...sometimes being creative gets you looks like you've just turned green and jumped off a spaceship - being around other creative people feels like you landed on your home planet :)

 
At February 10, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

creativity is a gift. a creative community is like a party. being part of a group. a tribe. a people who understand ME. a sense of ahhhhhh. :)

 
At February 10, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Angie said...

"creativity takes courage"....definitely one of the best quotes ever...and so very true! I am also taking Indie 3.0 - looking for my creative community and am looking forward to getting to know you better!
~Angie

 
At February 11, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

This is a really great post!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

So I don't tweet (I know I'm living in the dark ages) But I had to chime in too :)
It's a such blessing to have a community of kindred spirits that understand the compulsive need to create beauty from the everyday ordinary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home