This Page

has been moved to new address

it's always been inside of you, now it's time to let it through!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
allora handmade blog: it's always been inside of you, now it's time to let it through!

Monday, January 31, 2011

it's always been inside of you, now it's time to let it through!

i haven't unpacked my bags yet.

i spy with my little eye: knitty bitties AND gussy sews

maybe it's because i'm lazy.
maybe it's because unpacking means it's over.
maybe it's because i am not yet ready to unpack all the yummy goodness that has filled up my heart and mind over the last 6 days.

yes, that last one is definitely true.

my heart is so full. my head is a little jumbled, and i am in desperate need to write it all down and get it all out.
but where do i start?

i am enough.
that statement alone can and will change my life.
i am loved.
and i am worthy of that love.
i have so much to offer the world.
why do i shy away from that?
i can make a difference.
and i WILL make a difference.
i have a voice.
as i use it i will feel empowered and be able to empower others.
i choose happiness.
it is my choice, not something that happens to me.
my story matters because i matter.
i share myself, not a fabricated version of myself.
i am willing to feel a full spectrum of emotions.
i will not push out feelings i am afraid of.
i will share my gifts with those around me.
it is the least i can do with all i've been given.

kelly, lori, lindsey, me, april, ruthanne (image from lisa leonard)

i feel so blessed to have spent the last week with truly incredible women. i feel stronger and lighter all at the same time. i feel like my best friends are now strung all across the country, and i feel hope for amazing things that will come out of women who know who they are and are unafraid. classes on SEO and viral marketing will never change me as a person or make a significant impact on my life, but the friendships, the connections, the awakenings and personal growth will. i am a better woman than i was last monday, and i am so grateful.


p.s. a winner for the group giveaway: congrats to karina!! we'll be in touch soon. and thank you to all of the shops that participated!
post signature

8 Comments:

At January 31, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

amen! one of my favorite quotes right now is: "we are not our best selves when we're afraid we're not enough." it's so true. sounds like blissdom had an amazing impact on lots of ladies. glad you were able to take some valuable wisdom away from it!

 
At January 31, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

I am so sorry I didn't come up and introduce myself to you (too nervous I guess) but Blissdom was exactly that for me too. Lovely, loved, beautiful & FULL. I am filled to the brim with love, hope, happiness & friendship! Can't wait to go back next year!
-Kristi
@ Creative Kristi

 
At January 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Sandy a la Mode said...

awww sounds like you had a wonderful and inspiring time! i would LOVE to meet all you ladies sometime!! :)

 
At January 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Laura Beth said...

didn't go to blissdom but have so enjoyed reading about everyone's experiences. this quote struck me:

my story matters because i matter.
i share myself, not a fabricated version of myself.

thanks for sharing!

 
At January 31, 2011 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

Great post - sounds like you took some awesome things with you from Blissdom!

....and I'm not gonna lie - I was jealous all week reading the various #blissdom tweets!! ;)

 
At January 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM , Blogger In This Wonderful Life said...

glad you had a good time!!!

I love your designs!!

 
At February 1, 2011 at 9:05 PM , Blogger tamiv said...

Sounds Like You Girls Had a Great Time!I wish I was their!I'm sure you made some great Friends!

 
At February 2, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Blogger patty said...

i'm sorry i didn't meet you at BlissDom. i was there but i guess i kept mostly w the writing track... your flowers are amazing and i was jealous of every woman i saw wearing them! and your blog and your business cards are beautiful, too. but mostly... mostly i love this post. you should have hung w the writing track... just sayin'. :)
couldn't leave my main site: www.findingserendipity.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home